2021 Write For Rights (10 Cases)
Amnesty International Local Group 139, Madison, Wisconsin
Report By: Azam Niroomand-Rad, PhD, Coordinator Group 139
Summary outline of signatures collected by AI-139 members and friends (Not including online actions). Each case was mailed to the Amnesty International specified authority.
(1) Belarus: Release Mikita Zalatarou and have fair trial for children.
(2) China: Release Zhang Zhan immediately & stop censorship of journalists. (65 Signatures)
(3) Egypt: Release immediately Mohamed Baker, Human Rights Lawyer. (66 Signatures)
(4) Israel: End discrimination and harassment of Janna Jihad in Occupied Palestine. (63 Signatures)
(5) Guatemala: Drop charges against Bernado Caal Xol who protects his heritage. (70
(6) Mexico: Investigate violence against Wendy Galarza, childcare worker. (66 Signatures)
(7) Nigeria: Drop all charges for Imoleayo Michael, computer programmer. (69 Signatures)
(8) Thailand: Drop charges for Panusaya Sithijirawattanakul, university student. (70 Signatures)
(9) Ukraine: Investigate and end hate crimes against LGBTI Sphere NGO. (75 Signatures)
(10) USA: Must Act Now. Demand unconditional release of Ciham Ali, US Citizen in Eritrea. (69 Signatures)