Thursday, January 14, 2016

Myanmar: Demand Phyoe Phyoe Aung be released immediately - ONLINE PETITION

Amnesty International

Dear Amnesty Supporter,

My name is Ne Win and I am a former prisoner of conscience in Myanmar, also known as Burma. I know the anguish and fear of suffering from human rights abuses.

And now, it grieves me to say, my daughter has suffered from abuses to her human rights too.

My daughter, Phyoe Phyoe Aung was arrested in March for leading a peaceful student protest - she is still in prison. Her arrest is deeply troubling.

After an 8-day stand-off between protesters and the police, Phyoe Phyoe Aung tried to negotiate peace, but was handcuffed along with dozens of other students and beaten with batons. The female students were threatened with sexual abuse.

Without international pressure, Phyoe Phyoe Aung and her fellow demonstrators will remain imprisoned. They don't deserve this. These students and all prisoners of conscience in Myanmar should be released immediately.

My daughter broke no laws and is imprisoned for the peaceful expression of her beliefs.

Phyoe Phyoe Aung was one of the twelve cases that were featured during Amnesty's Write for Rights, the biggest human rights letter writing campaign of the year.

Please help free my daughter.

I am so grateful for people like you.
Parents of Phyoe Phyoe AungWith deep gratitude,
Ne Win
Click here for ONLINE PETITION.