Friday, March 25, 2016

AI Madison Group #139 Weekly Update - March 25, 2016

 Greetings Everyone!
     The people in Belgium turn to each other for comfort and their grief is felt around the world. When I heard the news I immediately contacted my niece and nephew. My niece is from Belgium and I found out that her parents had been at the airport just 24 hours ahead of the bombings. I was selfishly relieved and then I realized that the victims are all someone's niece, son, father, grandmother, or child. We must work harder to spread the message of human rights. We must work harder to spread the message of love and peace around the world... as we are one very large family.
     Thank you again for your cards for our 2016 Nowruz Action. If you missed Azam's presentation at Capitol Lakes, here is a link to her presentation. She set a beautiful table and shared the history and customs surrounding Nowruz. Many attending wrote greeting cards and signed petitions.

 "Good Thoughts. Good Words. Good Deeds."
     
     -Debbie, Weekly Update Editor

Click here for links to this week's Amnesty International and Human Rights Information and Actions