Thursday, September 25, 2014

‘The killing of Michael Brown stung my heart’ Organizing for justice in Ferguson - Sept 24, 2014

‘The killing of Michael Brown stung my heart’ Organizing for justice in Ferguson
Reprinted from Amnesty International Midwest Office

"When I wake up, I check the news in Ferguson, Missouri, a 37 day old habit I picked up since the killing of Michael Brown. The cameras have gone, the smoke has literally cleared, but the organizing in the community is still going strong.
When I was in Ferguson, I wondered to myself if this would just be a blip on the radar, another example of the type of injustice that we see so much in communities of color across the country, or could it be something else? Had we slipped out of our paralysis into a movement?"
Click here for entire article.