Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Amnesty International: THANK YOU!

Amnesty International USA
Dear Amnesty Supporter,

My son is a passionate defender of our people - Uighurs, an ethnic minority group that has been persecuted by the Chinese government for decades.

After I received threats that the Chinese authorities would punish my family for the human rights work I have done, my son Ablikim was thrown into prison.

He is now free - thanks to the support of Amnesty members like you who championed his case.

Last year, during Amnesty's September Membership Drive, I asked you to join their efforts to help free people like Ablikim. A year later, I am writing you with the incredible news that Ablikim was released.

We are living proof that Amnesty International saves lives. Because of Amnesty's efforts, we were able to endure through years of mistreatment in prison.

Now we must fight on behalf of others.

Kop rakhmat. Thank you.


Sincerely, Rebiya Kadeer