Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Russian Federation: Protect LGBTI rights in Russia - ONLINE PETITION

Amnesty International New Zealand

Dear Amnesty International Supporter,

"Fighting for the rights of children to be free from fear is what motivates me most as a human rights activist.

So when I see a fellow journalist being targeted by authorities for seeking to create a safe space for vulnerable children, of course I’m going to take action.

And it’s why I’m asking you to join me in supporting Russian journalist Elena Klimova.

Her ‘crime’ was to create an online project called ‘Children 404’ in March 2013. She published a series of articles about lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) teenagers in Russia. Her aim was to support vulnerable young people who face discrimination and provide them with a safe online space to communicate and interact with one another."
Click here for more information and ONLINE PETITION