Thursday, May 5, 2016

U.S.A.: He raped her. He videotaped it. He confessed. They let him go. - ONLINE PETITION & VIDEO

Survivor Samantha Jackson and Protect Our Defenders
      I was raped by an Army soldier while unconscious. A year later, I was shocked to learn that my rapist had videotaped the assault.
      I reported the rape to the authorities. He confessed. The military told the civilian DA they would handle my case, but then declined to prosecute him. In 2014, the Army told me they would reconsider their decision not to prosecute. However, while they were supposedly reviewing my request, they allowed him to separate, so he could no longer be prosecuted.
      We've recently learned this was not an isolated event. In July 2013, Admiral James Winnefeld testified before Congress to present data and spin the story of military commanders being tougher on crime than prosecutors. This testimony was used to quash major military criminal justice reform. However, a new AP investigation and Protect Our Defenders report have exposed that the Pentagon misled Congress with bogus data to block reforms I know are needed.

 Click here for more information and ONLINE PETITION.


 The Pentagon’s Misleading Claims on Military Justice (3:49 min)
Published on Apr 26, 2016