Thursday, May 26, 2016

Raif Badawi: Wife of blogger jailed in Saudi Arabia describes 'torture' of watching him publicly lashed - NEWS & ONLINE PETITION

Independent
May 18, 2016

Ms Haidar described her horror as she saw him being lashed in front of a mosque in Jeddah, watched by a crowd of people applauding and shouting “Allahu Akbar”.
“It was too much for me. It’s indescribable, watching something like that being done to the person you love,” she wrote in an excerpt published by the Guardian.
“I felt the pain they were inflicting on Raif as if it was my own. The men I had seen in the video might as well have put me in a square and flogged me.
“But worst of all was the feeling of helplessness. I sat on my sofa, wrapped my arms around my legs and wept. I don’t know how long I sat there for…if only I could have done something for him!”

Click here for ENTIRE ARTICLE. 

Also see: