Friday, December 19, 2014

AI Madison Group #139 - Weekly Update December 19, 2014



Greetings Everyone!
     Congratulations! Our Amnesty International Madison Group #139 submitted almost 1,500 signatures during the 2014 Write for Rights Campaign. They are in the mail and on their way.
     I've included a link to  Michael Franti & Spearhead - Same As It Ever Was (Start Today) in our Weekly Update and website. I hope you watch and listen. Sometimes, it does feel as though things will never change and, yet, we know that change will happen if we make it happen. Black Lives Matter... as do ALL Lives Matter. Respect Women... as we Respect All Man(Human)kind. Michael Franti's words touch me personally. As a white woman married to a Black man, the mother of a biracial adult son, and grandmother to the most adorable little girl, I feel his pain and his hope.  I hope his words will touch you, too.

     Be the change, 

     -Debbie, Weekly Update Editor
Click here for entire Weekly Update.