Wednesday, January 7, 2015

USA: US Government Must End Solitary Confinement, a Cruel and Inhumane Practice - ONLINE PETITION February deadline!

 Over 80,000 people on any one day are held in isolation in US prisons. That’s 22-24 hours a day confined to a cell for months, years or decades in conditions of severe social and physical isolation. In February, Amnesty International will be delivering petitions to demand that Secretary Kerry take action.
  
My name is Dolores Canales, and when I think of solitary confinement, I think of my son. My son John Martinez is a Pelican Bay Security Housing Unit prisoner. He has been in solitary confinement for 14 years.


Sign this ONLINE PETITION today.

Click here for an Amnesty International article, "USA: Prisoners held in Extreme Solitary Confinement in Breach of International Law," July 16, 2014.