Saturday, December 5, 2015

Malaysia:Why I am taking action for Zunar - ONLINE PETITION

Amnesty International USA

 "All my life I have used my art to fight for social justice. So when I see freedom of expression under serious attack, I must act.That is why I stand with Amnesty International today in demanding justice for courageous Malaysian cartoonist Zunar, who is facing decades in prison for political Tweets he sent in February."
-Harry Belafonte

 Political cartoonist Zunar faces a long-term prison sentence after posting tweets condemning the jailing of an opposition leader in Malaysia.

The government is going to enormous lengths to silence dissent and debate, and lock up its critics. Urge the Prime Minister of Malaysia to drop the charges against Zunar and help stop Malaysia’s crackdown on free speech.
Click here for ONLINE PETITION.