Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Uzbekistan: Take action to help the world's longest-imprisoned journalist, Muhammad Bekzhanov - ONLINE PETITION

Amnesty International USA

My name is Aigul, and I am writing to you about my father, imprisoned journalist Muhammad Bekzhanov. My father is the world's longest imprisoned journalist together with his codefendant Yusuf Ruzimuradov from the same paper, jailed at the same time in 1999.

My father's crime? He dared to speak the truth about human rights abuses by the Uzbekistani government. In 1999, security forces tortured him nearly to death, and forced him to confess to "anti-state" crimes. He was sentenced to 15 years in prison.

My father's life is in jeopardy. I need your action today to help end his nightmare.

 Thank you,
Aigul Bekzhanova
DAUGHTER OF IMPRISONED JOURNALIST MUHAMMAD BEKZHANOV
Click here for MORE INFO and ONLINE PETITION.